Frequently Asked Questions


General Questions

What are the business office hours?

Our business hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, and Closed Sunday. Emergency calls are taken 24-hours a day at 512-255-7871. Occasionally, the office closes for training and/or other special purposes. Notice of such is posted in the front door window stating when the office will reopen. 

How do I establish new service?

New customers may come by the business office at 16318 Great Oaks Drive (located on Great Oaks Drive, next to the fire station) to complete the paperwork and pay the deposit. Or click here for the needed form. The completed form can be faxed to 888-843-7326 or emailed to Once we receive the form we will contact you for payment. A minimum $100.00 deposit is required of all customers. There is also a non-refundable administration fee of $30.00. The deposit will be refunded after the account is closed, provided there is no balance due on the account.

If the customer is moving into a new home (still in the builder's name) a call should be placed to the office to make sure a Water & Wastewater Certificate of Occupancy has been issued. Customers should not move into a home where a Water and Wastewater Certificate of Occupancy has not been issued. 

When is the water bill due?

The Bill Date is usually the 2nd of every month. Water bills are due 21 days after the Bill Date and usually falls on the 23rd of the month. If the Bill date falls on a weekend or holiday, this will push the Bill Date out to the next business day following that holiday or weekend. Please note that failure to receive your bill does not negate the fact that it is due. If you have not received your bill, please call 512-255-7871 option 1 for the amount due.

Your payment must be received by the end of business on the Due Date. If your payment is not received on the due date a penalty of 10% of the current balance is added and a late notice will be mailed.

If accounts are not paid by the 29th day following the Bill date the customer's water is subject to be disconnected and a $30 delinquent fee is added to the account.

If you have questions about the utility rates or fees, please call Customer Service at 512-255-7871 option 1.

Utility payments can be made with checks, cash, or credit cards (Amex, Visa, MC, and Discover). Additional payment options include payments online at, automatic bank drafts, and credit card payments by phone.

Who do I call if I have a question about my water bill?

All questions regarding your water bill should be directed to Customer Service at 512-255-7871 option 1. 

When are board meetings held?

The Board of Directors meet the second and fourth Thursday of every month. The District is governed by a five-member Board of Directors. Each elected official serves a four (4) year term. Elections are held every two years in November.

An agenda is posted on the bulletin board outside the Community Center. It is also posted at the Williamson County Courthouse in Georgetown, Texas as well as on our website at The public is always welcome at these meetings.

Where do I get Up-To-Date Information?

District information is also posted on the marquees and LED signs throughout the District. 

In what county do we live?

Williamson County.

Who do I call if I have a medical or a fire emergency?

Dial 911. 

Who do I call if I suspect vandals or see other suspicious activity?

Williamson County Sheriff at 512-943-1300 or 911 if it is an emergency. 

Who maintains the roads in Brushy Creek?

Williamson County Road Administration. Call them at 512-930-4300. 

Where do I pay my taxes?

Williamson County Tax office collects the taxes for the District. Their number is 512-934-1601. 

Where is the nearest hospital?

St. David's Round Rock Medical Center is located east of the District on FM 620, just a short distance from the District. Their phone number is 512-341-1000. 

Who do I call regarding loose/dangerous animals?

Williamson County Animal Control. Their phone number is 512-943-1300.

Installation Permit Questions

What are the requirements for installing a water softener?

The District requires that any company installing a water softener or any other water treatment device in the District provide a bond to the District office. This requirement insures that the company which installs your water softener will take out a permit and properly install the equipment in accordance with the rules and regulations of the District. These regulations are those of the Uniform Plumbing Code and are designed to stop potential matter from entering your water softener. If the installation is done by a company not bonded with the District, the resident risks disconnection of water service.

It is our policy not to recommend any particular company. We have found that most companies servicing our customers are willing to provide a bond to the District and install their equipment under the rules and regulations of the District.

Please call Customer Service at 512-255-7871 option 1 if you have any questions.

What are the requirements for installing a sprinkler system?

The District requires a testable backflow device on all sprinkler systems. That any company installing a sprinkler system in the District provide a bond and pull a permit with the District office. This requirement insures that the company installing the system will properly install the required equipment in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of the State.  Residents may choose to install a lawn sprinkler themselves. A bond is not required for homeowners, however a permit and same state requirements apply.

To review the entire list of permit types and District requirements, please CLICK HERE. 

Utility and Water Questions

Water quality faq's and answers

Questions and Answers to the most common and frequently asked questions about the District's water quality are answered by clicking HERE.

What are the water and wastewater rates?

The water rates for a standard household meter for In-District are:
Base fee:  $14.00
$2.75 per 1,000 gallons from June-September
$2.10 per 1,000 gallons from Oct-May

The water rates for a standard household meter for Out-of-District are:
Base fee:  $37.42
$2.75 per 1,000 gallons used June-Sept
$2.10 per 1,000 gallons used Oct-May

The sewer rates for a standard household meter are:
$6.00 minimum
$2.70 per 1,000 gallons

Audited average of 7,000 gallons is used until winter average is established.

The District uses a sewer average of four (4) months water consumption. The months used to average sewer rates are November through February of each year. Residents can control their annual bills to some extent by being very conservative during these four months. Upon request, a six month consumption history may be used to adjust new customer’s average below the 7,000 gallon District average.

Who do I call if I have a water leak?

The District is responsible for maintenance and repair of its water and sewer mains. The District's mains run to the meter from the street. The resident is responsible for any leaks located from the meter to the house. District employees cannot repair your plumbing or fix leaks on your property. If you have a problem, please call a plumber.

If you see a leak at the meter and cannot tell whether it is on the District's side or your side, please call us and we will check it to determine whose problem it is. Anytime you notice water running in the street, please call 512-255-7871 option 1. If it is after hours, leave a message and the answering service will automatically notify the proper personnel. Water leaks cost everyone!

What is the hardness of the water?

Customers will ask what the hardness of the water is so they can properly set their softeners. The laboratory reports will list the hardness of the water in milligrams, but the water softener requires hardness in grains. For the weekly laboratory results, please click here.

Who provides electricity to Brushy Creek MUD Residents?

Power to Choose (800) 464-7928
TXU Electric (800) 242-9113
Pedernales Electric (888) 554-4732
Ambit Energy (512) 797-3453
Reliant Energy (866) 222-7100 

Who provides gas service to Brushy Creek MUD Residents?

 Atmos Energy (866) 332-8667.

Park and Pool Questions

When do the swimming pools open?

Sendero Springs and Highland Horizon Pools are open all year round, hours are subject to change at various times through the year. Creekside and Cat Hollow will open in May with limited hours (generally the first weekend). Both pools will start regular hours in June through the first day of school in August. The pools may have limited hours in the month of September depending on staff availability.

Pool hours are posted on the District’s website and each pool has flyers available. The Community Center also has flyers, or you can download the latest version of the flyer from the website. Visit the Aquatic pages on the website for up to date hours. The catalog also provides pool information and is available for pickup at the Community Center and on the District’s website.

What are the fees and/or charges to swim in the pools?

There are two options for public swim. (1) Purchase a swim tag, which allows you to use all District owned pools at any time they are open, or (2) Purchase a day tag at the pool. The cost of the swim tags and/or day tags will be published in the District newsletter each spring. Swim tags can be purchased by non-residents at higher cost.

Do you offer swim lessons?

Yes. Check the Aquatic pages for more information. 

Does the District offer Lifeguard certification courses?

Yes, the District offers the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course. Courses generally start in March and run through September. Check the Aquatic pages for the course schedule and more information.

What are the pool rules?

1. No running is allowed.
2. No diving is allowed excepted in designated areas.
3. No loitering is permitted in the lifeguard stand areas
4. Only children younger than 8 years of age and under direct supervision are allowed in the baby pool areas
5. Children unable to independently swim the length of the pool must be within an adult’s body length of the supervising person, who shall be older than 16 years of age.
6. Minor swimmers must swim the width of the diving well in order to utilize the diving board.
7. Swim diapers may be used in a swimming pool. Regular diapers are prohibited in the pool.
8. U.S. Coast Guard life jackets and floats are required in the pool facilities.
9. Only toys and objects designed for use in the water and less than 30” in diameter are allowed in swimming pools.
10. No glass containers are allowed in the pool areas.
11. No smoking is allowed within each pool facility, or within 15 feet of the exterior fence of each pool facility.
12. No BBQ pits are allowed in the premises.
13. No alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, firearms, or fireworks are allowed on the premises. To the extent this prohibition conflicts with any other provision of the laws of the State of Texas, the laws of the State of Texas shall control.
14. No abusive or foul language or conduct will be tolerated.
15. With the exception of service animals for persons with developmental or physical disabilities, no pets are allowed in the pool areas.
16. A five minute shade break will be called every hour before the hour. Only patrons over 18 years of age may swim during this time.
17. Patrons are required to comply with lifeguard directives at all times. 

What are the pool and park locations?

The parks and pools are at the following locations:

Brushy Creek North Park - 4.9 acre park located at the end of Park Drive. Turn off Great Oaks onto Park Avenue, 4000 Park Drive.
Cat Hollow Park & Pool - 11.45 acre park & pool area located at 8600 O'Connor Drive.
Community Park - 22.7 acres located at 16318 Great Oaks Drive.
Creekside Park & Pool - 3.69 acre park & junior Olympic size pool located at 4300 Brushy Creek Road. (Brushy Creek/Hairy Man Road).
Highland Horizon Park & Pool - 410 Highland Horizon, Open year-round.
Pepper Rock Park - 5 acre park located at the corner of Great Oaks Drive and Pepper Rock Drive. 8609 Pepper Rock Drive.
Racine Woods Park - 0.65 acre park located at the corner of Racine and Monona Avenue. 8174 Racine Trail.
Shirley McDonald Park - 7.596 acre park located on the corner of Great Oaks Drive and Hairy Man Road. 4390 Brushy Creek Drive.
Sendero Springs Park and Pool - 1.10 acre park and pool located at 4203 Pasada Lane. 
Little Village Park - 1.91 acre park located at 16802 Whitebrush Loop.

What are the park rules?

The park rules are as follows:
Open until 11:00 PM.
1) No smoking in playground areas.
2) No littering - put in trash receptacles.
3) All pets must be leashed and cleaned up after.
4) No illegal drugs, firearms, or fireworks.
5) No excessive consumption of alcohol.
6) No destruction or defacing of structures.
7) No abusive or foul language.
8) No motorized vehicle in park or greenbelt.
9) No ground fires are permitted.
10) No glass containers.
11) No petting zoos.

The District offers a $500.00 reward for information that leads to the arrest of vandals.

Trash & Recycling Questions

Who do I call for garbage pickup?

Round Rock Refuse has been the successful bidder for consolidated solid waste (trash) & recycling services for all District residents since January 1, 1998. Mandatory fees for trash pickup will appear monthly on all utility bills. Trash pickup will be automatic and will be billed in advance. Since trash is billed in advance new customers will have full or pro-rated charges for the previous month.

What is the cost for garbage pickup?

The standard rate for Garbage and Recycling is $21. This fee includes 1 - 96 gallon cart & 1 - 96 gallon recycle cart. 

There is a $5 charge per each additional garbage cart and $5 per each additional recycle cart requested. 

Do you offer recycling?

Yes. If you do not currently have a cart, please contact us at 512-255-7871 option 1. Once the request is received by the Customer Service office, Round Rock Refuse will be notified and a recycle cart should be delivered to your home within 7 business days. Recycling collection is every other week, to view collection dates click HERE.

Items that can be recycled:
Glass bottles and jars
Plastics #1-7 
Paperboard (cereal & shoe boxes) 
Rigid plastic containers with a recycle symbol on the container. 
Paper Fiber Products
Paperboard – food boxes (i.e. pasta, microwavable dinners, cereal boxes) soda boxes, toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls (do not place paper towels, toilet paper, or facial tissues in the recycle bin)
Cardboard – large amounts should be bundled and placed next to the recycle bin
Office paper white paper, colored paper
Newspaper and flyers in the newspaper 
Tin cans
Steel cans
Aluminum cans (no foil or aluminum pans or tins) 

Items that are not accepted:
Boxes with a shiny lining are not accepted (i.e. milk cartons, juice boxes.)
Foil and aluminum pans or tins
Paper towels
Toilet paper
Facial tissue
Plastic bags
Wet paper
Paper or Styrofoam plates
Plastic utensils 


The District has a Household Hazardous Waste Voucher Program. A limited number of vouchers are available each month. More information is available on the website or by calling Customer Service at 512-255-7871 option 1.

What is Contamination?

Contamination is when a recyclable item is made non-recyclable and can happen in several ways:

1. Food waste – wash out your containers. When a plastic tray from a T.V. dinner is placed in the recycle bin with food still on it (i.e. spaghetti sauce) it is contaminated and will affect whether or not the bin is recyclable at the recycling plant. Rinsing/washing recyclables keeps them recyclable, plus it keeps your recycle bin tidy.

2. Placing items in the bin that are not recyclable is contamination. Plastic bags are not recyclable in your recycle bin; they are recyclable if returned to the correct place (HEB and Wal-Mart accept them.) When they are put in the recycle bin they clog up the sorting equipment at the recycle plant. Please do not place items in the bin unless they are on the accepted list. 

What are the collection days for garbage pickup?

Collection days for all of Brushy Creek South (includes Brushy Creek South, Cat Hollow, Highlands, Meadows, Village, Neenah Oaks, Hunter Brook, Highland Horizon, Courtyard, and Woods of Brushy Creek) will be on Wednesdays. Collection day for Brushy Creek North and Sendero Springs is on Thursdays.